Robocopy batch file on WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to execute a batch file that contains a series of Robocopy scripts directly from my WHS using Scheduled Tasks.  The purpose would be to mirror directories from non-pool drives (where I actually access my files for editing, etc.) with directories within the pooled drives, as well as mirror certain files/directories on my workstations with directories on the WHS.  I also want to do the same using a high capacity USB flash drive as the destination.  I have created the batch files and both work as planned.

However, I am logged in on the WHS as the Administrator when I execute the batch files.  How can I schedule the batch files to run without being logged on?  Some way to run as a service?  If so, how?  Basically, I don't want to leave my WHS on with the Administrator logged in for security purposes.  Thanks for your help.
    Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:23 PM

Answers

• The scheduler service does exactly what you want. Just schedule your batch file and select the appropriate options during that process. All will be well.
    WHS OEM patched - 1.6 TB
    • Proposed as answer by andrewcalvin Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by rdb195 Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:42 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:26 AM

All replies

• The scheduler service does exactly what you want. Just schedule your batch file and select the appropriate options during that process. All will be well.
    WHS OEM patched - 1.6 TB
    • Proposed as answer by andrewcalvin Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by rdb195 Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:42 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 12:26 AM
  • You are right.  Just fill out the "run as" info and make sure the "run only if logged on" is unchecked, and away it goes.  Thanks.
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:45 PM