'Account' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'mobilephone' error message - CRM 2011 on-premise RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting the following error message in the CRM trace logs for CRM 2011 on-premise :

>Crm Exception: Message: 'Account' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'mobilephone'., ErrorCode: -2147217149, InnerException: Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.AttributeMetadataNotFoundException: 'Account' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'mobilephone'.
       at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityMetadata.GetAttribute(String attributeName, NameMappingType mapping)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Query.EntityExpression.FromSdkQueryVisitor.Visit(ConditionExpression condition)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Query.EntityExpression.FromSdkQueryVisitor.Visit(FilterExpression filter)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Query.EntityExpression.FromSdkQueryVisitor.Visit(QueryExpression query)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Query.EntityExpression.InitializeFromQuery(QueryBase query)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Query.EntityExpression.Converter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.ConversionHelpers.Convert(ICrmConversionContext conversionContext, Object source, Type destinationType)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.DictionaryMapper.Map(ParameterCollection inputs, ICrmConversionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalOperationPlugin.Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.V5PluginProxyStep.ExecuteInternal(PipelineExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.VersionedPluginProxyStepBase.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context)
    [2014-12-10 12:07:14.537] Process: w3wp |Organization:6ea476f3-6c49-e411-bda1-0050568e76b7 |Thread:   56 |Category: Platform |User: 005281ff-6c49-e411-bda1-0050568e76b7 |Level: Error |ReqId: 9291c638-dd4e-4d28-b706-a448ea99b9c7 | MessageProcessor.Execute  ilOffset = 0x1C5
    >MessageProcessor fail to process message 'RetrieveMultiple' for 'account'.

It seems to be occuring when a user is editing/creating an Opportunity. The reason I went to look at the logs was that a user is seeing an issue with a lookup field (on the Opportunity form) to a custom entity called 'Source' (it's also happening for 2 other custom entity lookups on the Opportunity form). This user is a System Admin on CRM, but when she selects an individual Source record in the Look up Record dialog, the value she selected isn't populating the Source look up field on the Opportunity form. This works fine when she goes directly to CRM, but when she clicks on a URL in another application that opens the Opportunity form, the issue with the field not populating occurs. This was not happening yesterday, and nothing has changed that I think would affect those fields, eg. javascript, user security roles.

When I check the logs each time this happens, I get the above error re  'Account' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'mobilephone'. I know that the 'customerid' lookup field on the Opportunity form points at either Accounts or Contacts, but it is always Contacts that are chosen in this instance of CRM. There is a 'mobilephone' field on the Contact form, but not on the Account form, and I can't add a mobilephone field to the Account form, as it will have the prefix 'new_' before it. I've also removed any instances of mobilephone from Opportunity views (ie. where it was getting mobiel phoen from the associated contact, which is the cusotmer in this case).

I have some Contact views set up which use the mobilephone field for the filter criteria and in the columns which are displayed - could this be causing an issue? I need the mobilephone field in those views though as they are being used in an Advanced Find to get members of a Marketing List.

Any ideas at all??? I haven't a clue myself. This user is definitely System Admin and has all the privileges for the custom entity called Source. Anyway, thiswas working yesterday - I saw it myself.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:08 PM