none
CD/RW Drive

Question

• Hi!!!

have a Dell Latitude E6410 (bought it used on 01/02/2017, so no warranty and no Dell tech support.

Tried using the CD/RW to burn some music, inserted a brand new blank CD in the drive, and though I've checked the Device Driver, it says it's working properly; however, the stupid thing won't even open to eject the CD. Haven't burned any files to it yet.

Read somewhere to use an open paper clip, but don't seen to find a hole.

Can you help?

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this purchase. Didn't really want to buy used but my last laptop fried after a breaker tripped.

Any real-time solutions anyone can offer?

Thanks.

Friday, January 06, 2017 12:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• You might have a couple options. 

1) In my computer, right click the drive of the CD and select eject (the button may be broken).

2) On the CD-ROM take a close look.  It is a small hole near the button to eject the CD.  I have never seen the hole missing (on a PC at least).

Friday, January 06, 2017 1:28 AM
  • You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki.

Microsoft does not have forums for hardware problems, especially if no Microsoft product is involved. You probably should ask in a Dell support forum, perhaps here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, January 06, 2017 10:54 PM
  • Hi!!!

have a Dell Latitude E6410 (bought it used on 01/02/2017, so no warranty and no Dell tech support.

Tried using the CD/RW to burn some music, inserted a brand new blank CD in the drive, and though I've checked the Device Driver, it says it's working properly; however, the stupid thing won't even open to eject the CD. Haven't burned any files to it yet.

Read somewhere to use an open paper clip, but don't seen to find a hole.

Can you help?

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this purchase. Didn't really want to buy used but my last laptop fried after a breaker tripped.

Any real-time solutions anyone can offer?

Thanks.

Well if you plan to purchase used again then test it completely before purchase.

La vida loca

Saturday, January 07, 2017 2:27 AM