windows 7 product key cannot not be used on this computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I had have my sony laptop for over 1 yr. It originally came with a vista system. 
    About 3 months ago I installed a win 7 free trail, then I brought the full version when it began to sell.
    But only 2 weeks after the system restored, it popped up a msg after 3 hours of the pc start. the msg said the product key cannot be used on this pc. and asking me to buy a new one.
    I have on idea why cause this issue, because my product key should be valid. please help.
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 5:37 AM

Answers

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the
    Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:23 PM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:07 AM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot a non-genuine notification issue you may be experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the
    Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post, along with your question. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:23 PM
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:07 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Question is assumed answered.

Darin MS
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:23 PM