none
Where's my forum? RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi Matt,

Please check here http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads 
    SachinW Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:05 AM
  • Weird I am able to get in again and follow links.  Not sure what was going on over there for a day or two... but before no links were working and couldn't find this forum anywhere.

Hmm

Thanks,
    Terry
    Friday, February 26, 2010 5:08 AM
  • Weird I am able to get in again and follow links.  Not sure what was going on over there for a day or two... but before no links were working and couldn't find this forum anywhere.

Hmm

Thanks,
    Terry

Your link had left out the  technet  level for your server name.   Alternatively you could have dropped the  social  level, leaving just the  microsoft.com  and then its  404  would do a helpful search for you...

http://www.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectprofessional2010general/threads

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 9:37 PM
  • Yes the link above does not work it was copied and pasted from an email from the forum.  BUT that isn't the only place I checked... I tried accessing the forum many many different ways.  First I actually did get there but when I clicked on the link for my post it errored out, then I couldn't get to there at all, I even tried going to the top level and finding it that way with no luck, then when I searched places link Google it would find the forum but when I clicked on the link it would error out too.

So anyway doesn't matter now, the forum must have been down or something changed when I was trying.

Thanks,
    Terry

Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:04 AM
  • So anyway doesn't matter now, the forum must have been down or something changed when I was trying.

No, since the URL that you had was wrong (for whatever reason) the forum would not "have been down", you were just looking for your page on the wrong server.   ; )
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:22 AM

• BESIDES the link I posted, I also tried searching for it in multiple ways... google, microsoft, browsing from the root, etc... none worked.  In fact when browsing to the top level I didn't even see the name listed.  So for whatever reason for which I no longer care, something was going on.  During that time.  I don't know.  Talk to the Microsoft web guys.  Either it was down, dns was having issues, website was begin updated, Aliens came and redirected traffic for a while, etc...

At this point though the forum is up and working.  I only started this thread because at the time I couldn't connect.  Now I can.  no big deal.  Unless someone at Microsoft cares and thinks it was unexpected then they can spend time researching it.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:12 PM
  • One possibility (and I think you meant in your original post that you couldn't find the *thread* rather than the forum!) is that the thread had been deleted by a Moderator. That would make it impossible to find. Then the Moderator changed his/her mind (or another one did) and undeleted it (maybe even because you asked here where it was). Then it would be visible again.

Only Moderators of that forum can go to the thread and see whether it has been deleted and then undeleted and as I'm not a Moderator there, this is therefore just a guess at a possible reason for a thread temporarily vanishing.

Mike Walsh

FAQ sites: (SP 2010) http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com; (v3) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com and (WSS 2.0) http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com
    Complete Book Lists (incl. foreign language) on each site.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 8:07 AM
  • No, actually the entire forum could not be found at one point.  I started at the root forum and tried finding it but was not there...

But I should back up.

So when I first started noticing weirdness, I had gone to the forum (which was there) and I tried clicking on my thread and it wouldn't load.  So then I tried clicking on other threads and some of them would work and some wouldn't.  I figured something weird was going on so I would come back later.

When I tried to come back later I couldn't even find the forum.  I tried going to the root and searching with no luck so I tried searching on google.

On google I found the forum but when I tried clicking those links I got errors too.  I also tried searching Microsoft's website and got errors when following supposed links.

That's when I posted here.  I copied and pasted the link from the email I got about a response to my question which you can see in post one of this thread.  So obviously as it has been pointed out that link was written wrong by the server that sent me the email.

Anyway, something weird was happening.

T
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:15 PM
  • So it's happening again...  kind of... not as bad.

I got an email that someone replied to a post I did.  When I clicked on the link in the email, it took me to the error 404 web page saying it was not found.

Here's the email
    Another user, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCDBA, MCSE, has replied to a thread you have subscribed to in the Project Professional 2010 General Questions and Answers Forum.

Thread Title Invalid date
    Started by: mattw112

This time however I did a search from that page on the forum title and I found a link that I was able to follow.  And replied to the other post.  But not sure for how long.

So is the issue something wrong with the email notification system?  Is it putting wrong links?

Terry

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:52 AM
  • So is the issue something wrong with the email notification system?  Is it putting wrong links?

Yes.   Exactly the same thing that I tried to explain to you before.  technet  is being left out of the host name in all those links.   Insert   technet.  between the  social.microsoft   in any of the links in that E-mail and see if they work any better.   E.g. right-click Copy Shortcut, then  Alt-d, Ctrl-v, then  Home,  Ctrl-CursorRight twice and type  telnet.   Then hit Enter.

HTH

Robert
    ---
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:40 PM
  • Rob,
    You meant type technet not telnet right?  :)

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:57 PM
  • I don't really care why it is happening all I am doing is reporting it so that hopefully someone at Microsoft that does care will fix it.  It is silly to get emails from TechNet with links that can't be followed.

Thanks,
    Terry
    Friday, March 12, 2010 4:47 AM
  • Rob,
    You meant type technet not telnet right?  :)

Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Oops.   ; \
    Friday, March 12, 2010 5:48 AM