CRM 2015 On-Premise - A Permissions Problem? RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that the users who belong to a specific team are unable to log in to our test site.  Their accounts are all set up with the correct licensing and system access & each of the users have all of the needed permissions, including a base security role that is individually given to each CRM user.  This base security role allows a worker who has it to be able to log in to our system and read some of the data that is there.

Using the exact same settings and security roles as the problematic users have, I have verified that several "other" workers are able to log in to the test site and access all of the data contained within it.

If I give the problematic users our Biz Admin security role (which just contains more privileges than what they currently have), those users are able to log in to the site.  

So, this seems to be a permissions issue.  However, what has me confused is why is it that "other" users are able to access our test site by using Sec Roles A, B & C but the problematic users need to have extra permissions in order to access the site.

We are currently using CRM 2015 On Premise & SQL Server 2012.

I would appreciate any assistance in finding a resolution.

Thanks!  Michelle

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 3:50 PM

All replies

• You mentioned that other workers using same security role were able to access it, seems to me configuration issue in your active directory. What is the authentication used in your CRM? Have you tried asking those who were able to access properly, to test the actual machine of those that were not able to access?  
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:59 AM