The Microsoft Sync Framework runtime version (2.1) does not match the provisioned schema version (2.0). RRS feed

• Question

• Installed SyncFramework 2.1 on my x64 computer.  Attempting the SharingAppDemo-CEProviderEndToEnd sample that is provided with the SDK. 

First time running the demo, it doesn't work, because the references fail.  I go ahead and remove the references to...

Microsoft.Synchronization
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServer
    Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.SqlServerCe

I add Microsoft.Synchronization.dll from the following directory...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.1\Runtime\x64

I add the other references from...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Sync Framework\2.1\Runtime\ADO.NET\V3.1\x64

I get the error when I attempt to GetDescriptionForScope.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Friday, August 20, 2010 8:06 PM

Answers

• Figured it out.  I had originally run this sample with version 2.0.  The metadata on the server side was from version 2.0.  Deleted the server db, recreated, and provisioned.  Everything is running smooth now.

Note to self, read those error messages a few times before posting to forums.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:32 AM

All replies

• Figured it out.  I had originally run this sample with version 2.0.  The metadata on the server side was from version 2.0.  Deleted the server db, recreated, and provisioned.  Everything is running smooth now.

Note to self, read those error messages a few times before posting to forums.

Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:32 AM
  • you could actually upgrade the metadata without wiping out the database.  you could make a call to SqlSyncStoreMetadataUpgrade.UpgradeSyncSchema.
    Monday, August 23, 2010 8:12 AM