OneCare Firewall Issues RRS feed

• Question

• OK.... I've read everything I can find & I've tried every suggestion there is, but I can't get the OneCare firewall to turn back on...I've tried the fix tool, I've uninstalled, cleaned and reinstalled OneCare, but no change..I've checked all the forums I could find for any other information, but I haven't found anything yet... I've been using Windows Firewall since OneCare won't start, but every now and then Windows Firewall turns itself off... I've used other antivirus programs to scan for issues, but nothing has turned up..

I've tried to "contact support" but I keep getting an error message saying that my account can't be found so I can't get anywhere to actually contact anybody!!!!

I'm running Vista Home Premium 64bit on an Acer Aspire (AM5201-E5710A)
    AMD Phenom x4 processor
    4g ram
    640 hd
    wireless router (Zonet)

Everything was working fine up until just the other day... I haven't installed any new programs recently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 4:52 PM

Answers

• You may want to try performing a System Restore to when it was still working. If still no joy, try using the OneCare Cleanup tool through this LINK. After running the tool reinstall OneCare HERE.
    Crimson Spectrum at http://aiscer.spaces.live.com
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 2:57 AM

All replies