Site is not indexed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi my site is not indexed by MSN. The webmastertools is showing no errors. I've submitted my site a few weeks ago but still no visit from the msn robot. I've seen the msnmedia bot but this did not help ofcourse.

Couldt someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 11:14 PM

Answers

• How many links do you have that aren't from forum or direcory sites? You may want to take a look at the FAQs at the top of this forum and the ranking forum for ideas on how to increase your rank and backlinks.

Brett

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Nomad,

Could you please provide your domain name? Also, how old is your site?

Thanks,

Brett

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:18 PM
  • Hi Brett thanks for youre reply. My domain name is flyfishing-central.nl and its a few months old now. I do not have problems with Yahoo and Google but MSN won't find us. The logs show the bot does not visit us.

Thanks Nomad
    Monday, December 22, 2008 6:24 PM
  • How many links do you have that aren't from forum or direcory sites? You may want to take a look at the FAQs at the top of this forum and the ranking forum for ideas on how to increase your rank and backlinks.

Brett

Monday, December 22, 2008 6:56 PM
  • Well there are a few normal sites that gave me a link but i suppose they are not being indexed also, so thats not seen by MSN. But i do not really care for ranking what i care for is being found in the msn search list witch now is not possible.

I did read youre FAQ but did only find thinks about youre pages already being indexed

Thanks Nomad

edit: I did found out my sitemap was not mentioned in my robots.txt but i guess this was not the problem or was it?
    Monday, December 22, 2008 7:43 PM
  • As said above i changed my robots.txt but still no results.

Brett does the fact that my website shows up on a few directory sites (one of then holds the most visited flyfishing messageboard in my country) mean i am not gonna be found in Livesearch?

If not what can i doe or change about my website to get any result?

Thanks Nomad

Friday, January 2, 2009 10:24 PM
  • anyone?
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:24 AM