How to colour this specific part? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've googled many things, but none of it tells me how to colour the square next to the resource name!

Unfortunately I cannot post picture yet, but its the square box next to the resource name!

I've tried all the possible colouring, background fill, event went to outlook to colour the contact, still no luck.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you're talking about the Project 2013 version, this is the link integration. In case you integrate Project with Link, a colored square tells you the status of the link profile of the resource.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 17, 2014 9:36 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, thats exactly what I am on about.

So my resource is linked with my outlook address book, but still no colour indication, its a white box.

Is there a way to define it?

I saw a demo which has [green] Marketing [red] Sales

----------

Another question though, I have Project Pro 2013, no online version.

How do I link project with my Office 365 which has Sharepoint, Outlook, and Exchange?

Thanks again!

• Edited by PhskyT Monday, November 17, 2014 10:09 PM
    Monday, November 17, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Hi PhskyT

Obviously you need Lync installed, and then the resource is linked not via Outlook, but via the email address on the resource as per the image below.

In terms of linking Project Pro with Office365, SharePoint etc, what are you trying to do?  The only integration that exists is to Synchronise Project Schedules with a sharepoint list.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, November 17, 2014 10:21 PM