I want to stablish web acces on online lab version of home server 2011 version is that possible or not! RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I download home server online lab version for study purpose, now I try in getting started stablish web acces , but it giving me an error UPNP is not turned on.the port 80 is not open . those ports are open(80,443,987,25) because I installed before this sbs server and  UPNP is turned on in the router ,I checked it .I turned off also firewall just to be sure at this moent.

I want to ask is that possible with this version of home server to establish web acces or not? if yes what I am doing wrong. I have windows 7 ultimate version 64 bit.

thanks

johan

h.david

Monday, October 15, 2012 8:43 PM

Answers

• I don't think you quite understand that the "online lab version" of WHS 2011 is not running on your Windows 7 machine. All you are doing is remotely accessing a demo environment of WHS 2011 running on servers in the cloud.

It's a simulation of what you would see if you were running WHS 2011 on your own hardware, but like most simulations, it has limits. It's not the real thing.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

UPNP settings are on the router. At first you need to have a general understanding of your networking architecture:

Then you need to follow the article below to configure your router properly:

Title: SBS 2011 Essentials: Router Setup

URL: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3038.sbs-2011-essentials-router-setup.aspx

Regards,

James

James Xiong

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by hovhannes david Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:53 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:49 AM
  • I don't think you quite understand that the "online lab version" of WHS 2011 is not running on your Windows 7 machine. All you are doing is remotely accessing a demo environment of WHS 2011 running on servers in the cloud.

It's a simulation of what you would see if you were running WHS 2011 on your own hardware, but like most simulations, it has limits. It's not the real thing.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, October 16, 2012 1:16 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Warren Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 11:05 AM
  • thanks,

I was thinking the same,but I am new for this stuff.

johan

h.david

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:52 PM