Warning to save files RRS feed

• Question

•  

Was wondering if there is a way to turn off the message about saving files that the user gets when Protect the Hard Disk is turned on.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:59 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

This message comes from bubble.exe.  You can remove that from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. 

Note that bubble.exe is also responsible at logoff/shutdown/restart for showing administrators the warning that WDP is in discard mode and offering to let the administrator save the current changes before restoring discard mode.  If you want to use that functionality, you'll need to add bubble.exe to the same reg key, but under each administrator's HKCU instead of HKLM.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:05 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

This message comes from bubble.exe.  You can remove that from HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. 

Note that bubble.exe is also responsible at logoff/shutdown/restart for showing administrators the warning that WDP is in discard mode and offering to let the administrator save the current changes before restoring discard mode.  If you want to use that functionality, you'll need to add bubble.exe to the same reg key, but under each administrator's HKCU instead of HKLM.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 11:05 PM
  •  

That worked like a charm. Thank you so very much.

Friday, June 13, 2008 2:17 PM
  • So if I tranfer that key to the Admin account's HKCU hive, I can still choose to commit changes, but the user accounts will not have the warning bubble?

I want to get rid of the warning, but at the same time be able to commit changes, as the user accounts can actually save files in My Documents and the Desktop, as I have redirected those locations to another (unlocked) partition using Junction Points.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 1:45 AM
  • Hi,

That's correct.  Doing so will have bubble.exe run only for the admin, but not for other users.

Thanks,

Rob

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:03 AM