I need more knowledge about the exe structure and the windows system RRS feed

• Question

•  I am a macos developer,now I developing on windows for desktop app, I have know less about the windows system and the windows app, on the macos, I know the the macos app is a bundle, can include resource and .dylib and .a file, in windows it's seem the .exe file,I have no idea about the .exe file how to link the library, and how it run on the windows system, so I need the 

official document about  the .exe file and how the .exe run on the windows system,can you give me some web llinks, thanks a lot!

• Moved by Stanly Fan Tuesday, January 15, 2019 2:34 AM
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The full name of EXE File is executable file, the portable executable (PE) file format file. It can be loaded into memory, and executed by the operating system loader. Such as Notepad program "notepad.exe", can be double clicked to edit documents.

As for "how the .exe run on the windows system", you can refer to How exactly do executables work?.

Besides, this forum is discussing and asking questions about the Windows Form and ClickOnce. It will be more appropriate to ask your question at Microsoft Community.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Kyle

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 4, 2019 8:08 AM