no help RRS feed

• General discussion

• My computer is being attacked from everywhere, and this seems to be the only place I can ask, say or whatever as far as help.  I have had 0ne care live for 5 years or so and I will never have it again.  I am not a rocket scientist.  I can find no help, and have been trying for the last hour.  Does windows have enough money to open an online support team???,,,.  It is so damn complicated I can't figure out what to do.  One Care live doesn't care as far as I'm concerned.  Excuse me, but I need find some place, fast, to clean up my computer before it crash's, and it won't be one care.     One Care live can't even get rid of this one care pro scam that hits me twice an hour. 
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Friday, October 16, 2009 12:06 PM malware infection (From:Windows Live OneCare Backup and Restore)
    Friday, October 16, 2009 12:18 AM

All replies

• First of all, I'm sorry that you've encountered problems with malware with OneCare installed and running. Secondly, OneCare help is a click away from within OneCare. Instructions in more detail are here:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, October 16, 2009 11:59 AM
  • Furthermore, if the above instructions are still clunky for you (and they can be) - the following is free support for malware infections from Microsoft. if you call, they will likely transfer you to OneCare support:

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx for details. For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, October 16, 2009 12:07 PM