Report cannot have default filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi *,

Currently, I'm facing some problem about CRM 2011 Custom Report. My custom report is using SQL to fetch data. I already put the "CRMAF_" for pre-filtering inside the query. In my development server, everything was ok. But in production, my report doesn't have the "Edit Filter" button and when I try to edit the default filter, I got this "This report cannot have a default filter". Can someone help me?

This is the error that i get..

Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:33 AM

All replies

• Following steps may help you.
    1. Right click the report in solution explorer and select "View Code"
    2. Strip out everything between the <custom> and </custom> tags.
    3. Save the file and close it
    4. Reopen in VS
    5. You're good to go!
    6. Upload back to CRM (this adds the XML tags again).
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 11:04 AM
  • Try to bulid your report using report wizard in crm after that download report then make change in visual studio. then re-import your report.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Friday, January 17, 2014 4:28 AM
  • There may be a problem with how you've defined the CRMAF_ alias. Can you post the report SQL ?

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Friday, January 17, 2014 8:28 AM
  • @ALI_087 : I can't see any <custom> tag in my "View Code"..
    • Edited by mr_nougat Monday, January 20, 2014 2:22 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 1:58 AM
  • @DavidJennaway : here is my query

SELECT   new_lastpracticeyear, new_officestatename, new_activestatusname, new_secondarystatusname, COUNT(new_lastpracticeyear) AS Total
    FROM     FilteredContact AS CRMAF_FilteredContact
    WHERE    (new_lastpracticeyear <> 'NULL')
    GROUP BY new_lastpracticeyear, new_officestatename, new_activestatusname, new_secondarystatusname

• Edited by mr_nougat Monday, January 20, 2014 2:24 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 2:00 AM
  • @Santosh Bhagat_2012 : Can I do that if I'm using SQL query?
    • Edited by mr_nougat Monday, January 20, 2014 2:23 AM
    Monday, January 20, 2014 2:00 AM
  • Yes, in my suggestion read complete link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328288.aspx

Specially example that given.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:14 AM
  • Hi *,

I already changed my query. Now I'm using fetchXML. And it turn out that the filtering is working. Thanks a lot for all the help. But I still wondering why the "CRMAF_" not allow me to change the filter.

Thanks a lot again guys..cheers!! =)

• Edited by mr_nougat Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:16 AM