none
Some of the team members facing issue in project center RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have project server 2010 environment.

some of the user who has team member permission is able to see project across the RBS .

RBS level is same but they do not need to see the project of other department.

In RBS we have 4 levels, in last level we have 4 different department value.

i am assigning one department as RBS but users are able to see project of other department.

this is not the case for all the project of other department only one specific project is coming in Project center to the team members.

i have checked users property and project property everything is fine.

Thanks,

kirtesh

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 6:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Kirteshtiw,

just to ensure that I got your point: Users of the team member group have access to a project they shouldnt see because of their RBS structure, right?

Just to be sure, they have not been granted access via project permissions? If someone grants the group "team members" access to the project, it doesnt matter whether they have a different RBS.

How are your security categories configured and which are assigned to the "team members" group? Do the users belong to others groups than this one?

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hi kirtesh,

Just so I understand correctly, Ideally you would like resources only to view projects that belong to their department? If this is correct have you checked out the Project Departments functionality of Project Server 2010? It essentially ensures that resources of a particular department only see projects for this department (and custom fields etc). Maybe this would do the trick for you.

Let me know if you had experience with departments

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 4:15 AM