WARNING - No Support For Common MB LAN Driver for Real-Tek ACL889 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Most motherboards these days have the ACL889 LAN driver for the ethernet port on the motherboard.  Currently, there is no Win 2008 driver for this card and the Win 7 Driver does not work 100% in  Win 2008.  This will be a problem for most new motherboards.
    Sang Peiris
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 9:50 PM

All replies

• Isn't ACL889 integrated audio?  I don't foresee a problem as most servers have no need for sound.

--

BulllDawg
    In God We Trust

Most motherboards these days have the ACL889 LAN driver for the ethernet port on the motherboard.  Currently, there is no Win 2008 driver for this card and the Win 7 Driver does not work 100% in  Win 2008.  This will be a problem for most new motherboards.
    Sang Peiris

BullDawg
    Thursday, July 8, 2010 10:18 PM
  • Isn't ACL889 integrated audio?  I don't foresee a problem as most servers have no need for sound.
    Yes, it is.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 3:49 AM
  • Most motherboards these days have the ACL889 LAN driver for the ethernet port on the motherboard.  Currently, there is no Win 2008 driver for this card and the Win 7 Driver does not work 100% in  Win 2008.  This will be a problem for most new motherboards.
    Sang Peiris
    As BullDawg already noted, ACL889 is for audio, not LAN.  You might want to double-check and make sure you are using the correct driver for the correct device.
    Friday, July 9, 2010 3:50 AM
  • As BullDawg already noted, ACL889 is for audio, not LAN.  You might want to double-check and make sure you are using the correct driver for the correct device.

I disagree.  Keep trying and let us know what parts work and what parts don't.  What % does work out of the box?  Will my router play CDs directly, or do I need a special plug?  Can I listen to my neighbor's VoIP calls this way?

;)

Friday, July 9, 2010 7:00 PM