none
BUG: Message Text Extends Outside of Message / Text Does Not Wrap RRS feed

• Question

• Check out this post. Odd, odd, odd. The text of one line doesn't wrap in Firefox 3.5.10

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/accessdev/thread/fc1e4ee4-ef9f-4ce2-a270-905b353dd0dd

David H
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 1:07 AM

Answers

• Yes, this is a known word wrap bug. Not sure when it'll be fixed though. The basic problem with all these rendering issues is the fact that we store/render html and people often do things in html that make it diffucult to render content without any bugs.

I'd like to get rid of html and go with some limitted markup that we can actually validate and maintain, so posts that have html variants are easier to constrain and avoid them breaking our ux. But until them, we just have to fix these as they come in, depending on their priority.

Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:11 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• I've seen this problem numerous time in C# forums.  The text extends into the next column...
    Javaman
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:11 PM
  • Yes, this is a known word wrap bug. Not sure when it'll be fixed though. The basic problem with all these rendering issues is the fact that we store/render html and people often do things in html that make it diffucult to render content without any bugs.

I'd like to get rid of html and go with some limitted markup that we can actually validate and maintain, so posts that have html variants are easier to constrain and avoid them breaking our ux. But until them, we just have to fix these as they come in, depending on their priority.

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:11 PM
    Answerer

Our of curiosity what would happen if you wrapped a post in a < div > with overflow-x:scroll ? Would it encapsulate the problematic html into a div with a horizontal scroll bar?
    David H
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:38 PM