none
Breadcrumb missing in localized (Dutch) forums RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• As I wrote in response to a different post of yours, you should look at the top right of the screen.

There you will see 

1. A language (such as "United States (English)")

2. Downward arrow

3. "Sign Out"

Click the downward arrow and select a different language. Now the equivalent for that language in the breadcrumb of "Forums Home" will link to the Forums in that particular language.

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 4:33 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks for responding. I know how to get English version of the forums, however on my system I need localisation set to Dutch. Whenever I get to a forums page from a web search it get's me automatically to the localized version. This happens very often because ever since the home server forums were moved to the Technet forums more than a year ago the forums search function no longer works. Personally I think this is very annoying, and shouldn't be necessary.

Friday, June 4, 2010 6:07 AM
  • See my reply in your other thread.

Neither of your posts complained about getting to a forums page from a web search.

Here you complained about the breadcrumbs and I said how to get the right set of breadcrumbs.

Mike

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 6:50 AM
  • From my OP you can see I already know how to get the US english version of the forums. Was just explaining why this is annoyance to me, I learned to live with search not working, now also that route get's frustrated in a way. IMO it doesn't really matter how I get to the page, breadcrumb should simply be there and should be similar in all languages. Forums are to help and please users, not to annoy them.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 7:55 AM