re-power options in win /8 RRS feed

• Question

• I am absolutely furious about what is stopping my computer going to sleep when I,m not at my desk, because no matter what I do (unless I do it manually) it will not go in to sleep or Hibernate mode to follow my power plan .

I have been over and over it again in all the  power plan options, I'm suspicious of the BT INFINITY (MY IP PROVIDER) I say this because it has something called bt fon  that might use all computers as a way to  allow other users to somehow use the connection to allow surfing (I think) I am not ok with this because I have a bad memory and don't want my computers to be kept on just so as they can benefit I have a loud computer and it drives me mad running ten to the dozen when IM ONLY PLAYING CHESS SAY'  am I right ? because I do not think it is right.

I also think it is odd that nobody will answer my question as I've asked it before and never got an answer , anyone in the UK with BT Infinity have this problem.

Alex MacDonald

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:33 PM

All replies

• This is the wrong Forum as it's for Windows Home Server - try a BT or a Windows forum. Having said that, it,s nothing to do with "BT Fon" - that facility is provided by your BT Home Hub. You can turn off BT Fon in the Home Hub but you loose access to free BT WiFi when you are out and about (they require you to support BT Fon to be able to do so).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:42 PM
  • Ah yes sorry

Alex MacDonald

Saturday, February 22, 2014 6:11 PM