Invalid privilegeid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3 to Microsoft dynamics CRM 4, I can not access CRM anymore.
    Can anyone help me out with the given errormessage?

Error Details:
    Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Full Stack:
    [ArgumentException: Invalid privilegeId: ReadDeep
    Parameter name: privilegeId]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Security.User.GetPrivilege(IUser user, Int32 objectType, PrivilegeId privilegeId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.PrivilegeIdDictionary.CheckPrivileges(IUser user)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.MasterSiteMapSubArea.CheckPrivileges(IUser user, Client client, Boolean isOffline)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.SiteMapEntitySubArea.CheckPrivileges(IUser user, Client client, Boolean isOffline)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.MasterSiteMapGroup.FilterForUser(IUser user, Client client, Boolean isOffline)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.MasterSiteMapArea.FilterForUser(IUser user, Client client, Boolean isOffline, String forceGroupProfiles)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.MasterSiteMap.FilterForUser(IUser user, Client client, Boolean offline, String forceGroupProfiles)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.SiteMap.GetSiteMapForUser(IUser user, Client client, Boolean isOffline, String forceGroupProfiles)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserSiteMapCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(UserSiteMapCacheKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserSiteMapCache.LookupEntry(Guid userId, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Loader.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Loader.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.trade_itbv_loader_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Darrenliu,

Thanks for the response.

The async service was running. I thought I had seen this error before so I opened a "task" in CRM that has no custumizations and that worked fine,
    So the solution is to restore the isv.config (which was edited on the cdm 3 filesystem instead of using the import custumization method) It seems like the conversion to CRM 4 does not like modifications to the isv.config.xml in the filesystem and throws this exception when starting crm 4.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:48 AM

All replies

• Is your Asyn Service running? If not, try to start it and see if it works for you.

Also I have seen some users forgot to put their domain in front of their user name and they got error messages, however I am not sure if it's the same message.

Darren Liu | 刘嘉鸿 | MS CRM MVP | English Blog: http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com | Chinese Blog: http://liudarren.spaces.live.com
    Friday, July 17, 2009 12:31 AM
  • Hi Darrenliu,

Thanks for the response.

The async service was running. I thought I had seen this error before so I opened a "task" in CRM that has no custumizations and that worked fine,
    So the solution is to restore the isv.config (which was edited on the cdm 3 filesystem instead of using the import custumization method) It seems like the conversion to CRM 4 does not like modifications to the isv.config.xml in the filesystem and throws this exception when starting crm 4.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 6:48 AM