none
Money 2005 and Windows 10 Version 1709 & Internet Explorer RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to access the bank from within Money 2005 in the UK I now get the message that I need a web browser to view it!  As far as I can tell IE is no longer supported on my system and Money seems to want it! It is no longer present in the list of Apps.  I don't know whether it was stripped out as part of the latest upgrade.

I can download bank transactions by opening my normal browser (Chrome) and downloading the transactions there. Money is quite happy to import those transactions but it seems that Money only wants to use the now non-existent IE browser.

Any suggestions please?

Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:57 PM

All replies

• What OS is your system running? MS Money depends on the IE rendering engine (not IE, the app you run, but the functional heart of IE) to present its UI. There is no generic problem running Money on Windows 1709. I was wondering if, per chance, you were running Windows S, but your saying you run Chrome is dispositive for that question.
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:22 PM
  • Also, have you checked Windows Features (Windows Setup | Apps | Manage optional features) to see if IE is installed? The fact that Money runs at all suggests that the core features of Money are there.

Not thinking very clearly this morning. That probably should have been my first response.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:24 PM
  • Money (and I use Money 2000 International) does need IE for reasons best known to itself, and version 10 of IE is included in my Windows 10 Prof.

I suggest you look into Tools > Options > Connection ~ untick all the square boxes associated with 'Downloading Internet Information'  options and 'Internet Connection' options ~ against 'Browser' the alternatives are 'Browse from with Money' and 'Use Default browser' and I always 'Use Default'.

For what its worth, I've found Barclays Bank website demands something better than IE8; like you I choose to use Chrome.

Teabag

Thursday, February 8, 2018 8:40 PM