none
Preparing for SQL Server 2012 exam, which one should I take first? RRS feed

• Question

• Which one do you think I should take on first? I'm already studying for 70-462 because I thought I should be able to Administer before I query.

70-462 or 70-461 first?

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:47 AM

Answers

• 70-461   If you can't pass that one then you will know that you haven't got any business trying to get certified yet.  Querying is the most basic part of SQL server, many of the topics in 70-462 won't make any sense if you can't do 70-461  (Most administration has a query component to it)

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:21 PM

All replies

• 70-461   If you can't pass that one then you will know that you haven't got any business trying to get certified yet.  Querying is the most basic part of SQL server, many of the topics in 70-462 won't make any sense if you can't do 70-461  (Most administration has a query component to it)

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:21 PM
  • But I checked the 'Skills Measured' of 70-462 and they don't mention anything about querying or T-SQL. And I'm Already half way through the course.

I have some experience with queries though using MySQL Engine.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:45 AM
  • It is a pretty safe bet that there is TSQL in all of the SQL Server tests ;)  The skills measured will not say specifically that you are required to know the sql statements to backup/restore, attach/detach, create filegroups, etc. 

If you have no experience with SQL Server then why are you trying to get a certification?

Chuck Pedretti - MCSE: Data Platform

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:37 PM