how can i categorize contacts? RRS feed

• Question

• hi everybody. how can i categorize customer contacts & our company staff contacts from each other?

all of the records shown in my workplace, customer section , contacts

thanks

Monday, June 28, 2010 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. you can use Relationship Type attribute (picklist) to differentiate both type of contact.

2. Then you can create views based on their Relationship type and can set particular views as Default.

Hope it will help you !!!

Mahain
    • Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Monday, June 28, 2010 11:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by djbit Monday, June 28, 2010 12:47 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

There is one OOBT attribute in contact entity named "Relationship Type" (schema name : customertypecode) you can use this field to categorize your contacts. for ex you can add option to this picklist like "customer contacts","company staff" .

After that you can create view for that and can use same attribute to set filter criteria.

Mahain
    • Marked as answer by djbit Monday, June 28, 2010 12:46 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. you can use Relationship Type attribute (picklist) to differentiate both type of contact.

2. Then you can create views based on their Relationship type and can set particular views as Default.

Hope it will help you !!!

Mahain
    • Proposed as answer by HIMBAPModerator Monday, June 28, 2010 11:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by djbit Monday, June 28, 2010 12:47 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 11:01 AM
  • thanks mahender pal. can u tell me more about step 1 ?

i'm a beginner.

Monday, June 28, 2010 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

There is one OOBT attribute in contact entity named "Relationship Type" (schema name : customertypecode) you can use this field to categorize your contacts. for ex you can add option to this picklist like "customer contacts","company staff" .

After that you can create view for that and can use same attribute to set filter criteria.

Mahain
    • Marked as answer by djbit Monday, June 28, 2010 12:46 PM
    Monday, June 28, 2010 12:20 PM
  • First of all I'd question the value of company staff contacts in CRM. Having someone's dentist in CRM just clutters up the system.

Having said this, I've probably go with setting up views. Work out the definition of a customer (e.g. has an opportunity against them) and then set up a view to list them. If there is no good definition, you can always have an attribute on the contact form and make it compulsory for the user to set it.

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ 
    or hear me tweet @leontribe 

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:50 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 7:49 PM