Multi-user logon using AD RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to implament a solution using SteadyState and probably GPO via AD. The situation is this: I have 6 systems that several Dr's will be accessing running spacific software, web based.  The configuration goals are: No saving to C:\ , no changes to the desktop (background....), can save to desktop but will delete on log off, lastly auto logoff of anyone still logon at night.

Now WSS provides this localy, but the users all have AD accounts and we cannot use a single local logon account for security reasons. Nor do i want to apply settings to them which will effect their personal systems configuration.

Any sugestions on how to accomplish this would be great.

Friday, September 4, 2009 1:12 PM

Answers

• Create a local user profile on that machine and configure it using Windows Steady state.  Copy the contents of that profile to the "Default User" (hidden folder) profile.

Delete any other user profiles on that machine.

Now when any domain user logs in to that machine, they should get the default profile you set up previously.

You can delete the original local user but I would just disable it to allow for easy changes to the profile later.
    • Proposed as answer by dskeene Sunday, September 6, 2009 8:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Monday, September 7, 2009 8:01 AM
    Sunday, September 6, 2009 8:36 PM