restore of elements in a map defined in my mail inbox (office outlook). Map was removed RRS feed

• Question

•  live one care backup took a backup based on its own classification categories. For e-mail files it takes the Express files and office Outlook files in the same category. I wanted to restore ONE personal file map with its elements back to my mail inbox in office outlook. In the backup file I do find a map, same name, but it is an outlook express map with a dbx-file type All the outlook files are backed up in a 37 mega file and I can't locate the wanted pst map.

So I end  up with a restore map that contains the complete set of Off. outlook personal files.

How can I get to a particular map?

How can I delete and erase files from Express and also from Live One Care and the Windows Backup Utility?

Would like to find more information on Office Outlook files, can you help?

Does someone have the courage to help me?

Thanks   

Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:05 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by "map?" Outlook .pst files are backed up when you select Mail. If you see multiple .pst files in your backup, you can use a custom restore to select the specific .pst file you wish to restore. Note that if a file of the same name exists in the destination location it will need to be restored to a different location.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:40 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by "map?" Outlook .pst files are backed up when you select Mail. If you see multiple .pst files in your backup, you can use a custom restore to select the specific .pst file you wish to restore. Note that if a file of the same name exists in the destination location it will need to be restored to a different location.

-steve

Sunday, January 20, 2008 3:40 AM
  • Hoi Stephen,

Map was wrong. I mean FOLDER in which related e-mails have been placed (same contact as an exemple).

In the one care backup file I find one file .pst and I don't see how to find that particular folder I need to restore within my in-mail box. I certainly don't want to restore a several mega backup file just to put in place one folder with a small amount of e-mails.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for your reply.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:22 PM
  • Thanks for the clarification.

Since OneCare backs up files and Outlook stores email in a large mail store, a .pst file, you will need to restore the entire .pst file first. Then open Outlook and select File/Open and browse to where you restored the .pst file. It will open in Outlook as a secondary mail store. Using folder view, you can browse your email folders within this .pst and copy them to your current .pst file as desired. When you are done, right click the "personal folders" item for the .pst you opened (in Outlook) and select Close. Exit Outlook. Delete the restored .pst file if you are sure you won't want to get other emails from the .pst file at this time.

-steve

Thursday, January 24, 2008 1:19 PM
  • Thanks for your help Steve, I 'll give it a try.

It is quite a job to get an e-mail back....

fransemieltwo

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:06 PM