How am I supposed to find Microsoft forums? RRS feed

• General discussion

• How am I supposed to find Microsoft forums?

Here is an example. I want to get to Microsoft forums. I arrive to Microsoft.com and get this page:
    Microsoft.com

Then I try to see a link to the forums, but can't find any. There might be a link, maybe I just don't notice / see it. I browse through some of the menus in the menu bar. I select Support -> Help & Support Home. Then I arrive to support.Microsoft.com and get this page:
    support.Microsoft.com

Then I get desperate, where is the link to the forums? Can't notice / see one.

I know there is MSDN and TechNet and Newsgroups and I see MSDN and TechNet links, but those are not labeled FORUMS. I would expect that I get to forums by selecting "Forums", not some weird letter combinations like "MSDN".

Then there are Microsoft forums (in addition to MSDN and TechNet). I arrived there from MSDN, because one moderator forwarded my message to Microsoft forums, not through a link in Microsoft.com.
    social.Microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:35 PM

All replies

• Yes, they hide it well.  Googling "msdn forums" takes you to the old forums site.  You'll have some hope of landing on the new one when you click a random thread there.  Bookmark it so you'll never have to type "social" again.
    Hans Passant.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:49 PM
  • I guess Microsoft doesn't like the idea of forums much, because they do not advertise the forums on the first page of Microsoft site.

Now there is no MSDN forums link in MSDN page. Temporary problem or what?

Sunday, January 18, 2009 9:55 AM