Sync problem: only upload, no download RRS feed

• Question

• About one or two weeks ago one of my Vista PCs (I have a mesh with 3 PCs) stopped syncing. It doesn't show any new news and doesn't download any new files from the other computers. Yet it still uploads every change to the mesh - even though curiously enough those changes do not appear in that computer's local news. Both other computers work still fine.
    Any idea?
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:27 AM

Answers

• Have you rebooted that PC since the problem began? I've seen similar odd behavior, but usually a reboot or two resolves it. If a reboot doesn't resolve it for you, please submit a bug report with logs and then consider a reinstall of the client on the PC to see if that helps.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:27 PM

All replies

• Have you rebooted that PC since the problem began? I've seen similar odd behavior, but usually a reboot or two resolves it. If a reboot doesn't resolve it for you, please submit a bug report with logs and then consider a reinstall of the client on the PC to see if that helps.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:27 PM
  • I'm experiencing the same problem, even though rebooting does not seem to help. I'm using XP Home SP3 and know that downloading has worked in the past (earlier this year). I've already submitted a bug report.

Thanks,
    Michael
    Monday, October 12, 2009 4:24 PM
  • Thanks for submitting the bug report, Michael.
    -steve
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:36 PM