Back up Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

I just relaoded One Care and attempted to configue the backup setting . One Care said it could not use my external maxtor as there was insufficient space available on it. Less than 250 gigs. 

One Care Backup  has been the only user of this drive and it is is filled with one Care Back up files. In fact if I try to restore the system One Care will read all the files on the drive and let me run a restore from it if I choose too.

The reload of one care was due to  an error in the firewall setting and was resolved with the reload.

Pls help I . I quite do not know what to do .

Allan
    Sunday, January 27, 2008 6:26 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, a reinstall of OneCare means that you must now perform a new, full backup. While the old backups are valid, and can be restored from, if a new full backup requires more space, you will need to delete the old backups.

See this post for how to do this - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1698096&SiteID=2

Of course, if this drive is only used for backups, formatting the drive will be the easiest way to recover the space.

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:21 AM