VB6.0 "data access" installation on Windows8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am trying to install VB6.0 on windows 8.1. And there is lots of help available for this on net. But I want to use the data access part of the IDE.

All the available help is regarding enabling/disabling : UAC, options of Data access, regedit and about using VM.

On my PC I tried lots of thing but coudnt get the data access installed successfully onit. VB6.0 opens up without any error.

I want to install the VB6.0 with the default settings as I have a code which needs it. The code will be converted later to the latest lang but for now it has to maintained using VB6.0 only.

I think many must have faced such issues. If anybody have tried installing VB6.0 along with data access, plz help.

Thank you.  

Saturday, October 31, 2020 5:36 AM

All replies

• The forum is dedicated to VB.NET. There are VB6 forums you can find by using Bing or Google.
    • Edited by DA924x Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:14 AM
    Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Hello,

This forum is strictly for VB.NET, for VB6 questions use the following forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Proposed as answer by KHURRAM RAHIM Saturday, January 2, 2021 12:15 PM
    Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:17 AM
  • oh 
    Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:32 AM
  • oki sure. Thank you.
    Saturday, October 31, 2020 9:32 AM
  • oki sure. Thank you.
    Hopefully they can assist.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

My GitHub code samples

Sunday, November 1, 2020 10:08 PM
  • Yes, they may.

But fortunatly i found the solution myself. 

What do i do with this thread? 

Thank you,

Monday, November 2, 2020 5:09 AM