Does Planar Motion Change Scale? Help! RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using an older version of ICE to create composites of microscope images and scans of line drawings for scientific illustration. In the past, I used to use a digital microscope camera that allowed for a scale to be superimposed on one of the images at the time the image was taken. My set up now is more low tech, and requires taking a separate photograph of a microscope calibration scale at the same magnification as the series of images to be stitched, and then using this to determine the scale of the composite. Checking back to my original specimens, however, I seem to have an error of about 3-5%. This is super frustrating and troublesome, and I am trying to determine at what point it is occurring. Using the new version of the program, set to 'Planar Motion', and assuming that the images are all taken from a flat surface, should any change in scale occur during the stitching or output stage? If not, the problem must lie elsewhere. If so, is there any solution that you can think of?
    Friday, October 16, 2015 3:24 AM