Mesh keeps processor and disks active RRS feed

• Question

• I am a long time user of Sync/FolderShare and recently decided to give Mesh a try, however I have encountered a strange behaviour that has made me postpone further deployment:

When Mesh is running, the processor is running at between 0% and 40% utilization, even when no apparent transfer is or should take place. The processor diagram looks like a mad ECG diagram as the processor activates every few seconds. The same is true for all disks, whether they are part of a "Meshed" folder or not. When I manually set Mesh to "Offline" it drops the processor utilization to jump between 0% and 10% but it keeps doing it. The disks are also read/written every few seconds. It isnt until I exit Mesh that the machines calm down.

While this may not be a huge problem in most cases, I just installed a solid state disk on my main machine at home, and since I dont want it to deteriorated faster than necessary I really dont want constant reads and writes for no apparent reason.

I am experiencing the same problem on 4 different machines running either W7 RTM or RC. Is this a know behavioir?
    Saturday, October 24, 2009 4:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• I don't see this behavior on any of my machines with XP, Vista, and Windows 7. The best I can suggest is that you submit a bug report with logs for one or more machines that you see this behavior on.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

Note that you probably won't get a response to the bug report, though. It will be transferred to the internal system to be assigned to the appropriate development group.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 2:13 AM
  • Hi

Have a look at the bug https://connect.microsoft.com/LiveMesh/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=477231 to see whether the symptoms listed, are present in your log files. 

Otherwise, you may have to create a new 'bug report' as noted by Stephen above.

ShadowXVII | http://www.shadowsplace.net
    • Marked as answer by kensm [msft] Tuesday, December 1, 2009 10:17 PM
    Sunday, October 25, 2009 9:49 AM