Latest beta feedback - Languages, Image control RRS feed

• General discussion

• Installed the latest beta (14.0.5025.904) but found it didn't contain any of the advertised spell checking languages?

And it still seems as if you must choose one language for all you blogs, which makes switching languages when checking in several languages time consuming.

Also, I'm irked that the image size field seems to have disappeared. I would have much rather kept that field AND added a control to tune compression (for JPG) and color depth (for PNG).

I haven't had time to test the program enough yet, but older versions had a tendency to oversize images (compared to the meticulous tuning that I do via Photoshop's "save for the web"). It is really annoying having to manually overwrite images via ftp after each upload. The only image format that I found was flawless and kept it's proper size, even when resizing, was GIF strangely enough.
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 12:21 PM

All replies

• Which version of Writer did you install? I believe for the different spell checkers you need to have that version of Writer installed. For example, if I wanted the German dictionary, I would have to have the German Writer installed.

As for the image size, which image size field did you mean? I can still change the size of my images, see this screenshot: http://cid-fabdddc5cad93494.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Images/ImageSize.JPG

SL - Windows Live Platform MVP
    Friday, September 19, 2008 12:10 PM
  • Wouldn't that beat the whole purpose of it? I work with different languages and i'm not perfect with all, it makes sense having different languages for the spell checker, just like Word.
    Saturday, September 20, 2008 1:21 PM
  • I've actually made the suggestion that the other languages should be made available as a separate download package for those people in your situation.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 12:35 PM
  • Glad to hear you guys are working on a solution.
    Sunday, September 21, 2008 7:01 PM
  • I should just point out that I don't work for Microsoft, but that I have just made the suggestion to them. Whether they consider this suggestion is entirely up to them.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 8:53 AM
  • I should just point out that I don't work for Microsoft, but that I have just made the suggestion to them. Whether they consider this suggestion is entirely up to them.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 8:53 AM