none
No Smiley Dudes ! RRS feed

• Question

• Ok how can you have a forum without smiley dudes ?!?!?!?  I think Microsoft should have there icons department
    create some new smiley dudes for us. lol Lets see how creative they are at MS.

~O 
    Monday, October 6, 2008 2:50 PM

All replies

• no emoticons?   say it isn't so..   and my three hardwon stars from the MSDN forum don't seem to have transferred over here at all..

not that I don't appreciate all the other formatting options that it allows.  (although some should perhaps be avoided lest people go blind trying to read your message..

And why does the indenting only work on your entire message, and not just bits of selected text? 

hmmmm?

also   once I've played with the background color, I can't seem to set it back to white no matter what I do..   setting it to the 'white' choice (upper left pick when you open the palette menu) just seems to use whatever you had set before..   not even selecting text and changing it seems to work if you try to set the background back to white, or forground back to black

but being reduced to oldschool ;-) emoticons is well  a weird sort of blast from the past in a sense..  it's like back to 1980 or something :-)

--Chuck
    Monday, October 6, 2008 5:12 PM
  • help, my eyes!
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 4:56 AM
  • <maxwell>
       sorry about that chief!
    </maxwell>

seriously though, learned a little lesson there...  if you want to use color for emphasis for some reason, write the entire message first, and THEN select and alter specific text..  because once you start writing stuff with a background color set, you cannot unset it.. at least that's what happened to me in the pror message.  (I'd be calling that a bug..   now I wonder where we report it?)  that's what resulted in all the ugly background colors in my message, I couldn't set the background back to just white.

doesn't seem to affect you however if you do the color setting after the fact, just if you try to set it before you start typing some text..
    --Chuck
    Tuesday, October 7, 2008 3:04 PM