none
Windows 7 Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• OK, I use Windows 7 for all my machines, and most of the machines I've been repairing for family and friends.

I'm here because I want to start up a business repairing computers, but I have a problem.  The ONLY windows installation discs I have, are for specific machines from the specific manufacturers.

Almost every machine I've repaired has its own windows product key attached to the machine, but sometimes a hard drive goes bad and needs a fresh windows installation.  The problem is, most manufacturers I've dealt with have NOT included a disc with the system, and I've been required to order them a disc which costs them money.  

I know there are discs out there capable of installing ANY version of windows 7 from the same disc, but they are all hacked/cracked, and I do NOT want to get into that area.  What I would like to do, is either download a similar disc that requires the window product key, or get one, but I have NO IDEA where to get such a disc. 

It doesn't make sense to me that I should have to buy a fresh copy of every version of windows just so that I can open up a business, to reinstall windows, on machines that already have a product key.

So my question is, how could I either download or get my hands on a windows disc, so that I can install windows using their existing key, without ordering a special manufacturer disc every time.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 1:19 AM

Answers

All replies