Thumbnail corruption in structured panorama window RRS feed

• Question

• When in the structured panorama window, the selected tif thumbnails appear corrupted. They appear as diagonal lines. Just checked and jpegs do the same thing. These files are created as a 16 bit batch output from Capture NX2.

I'm using the 64 bit version of Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything else seems to work very well and the recent releases are greatly improved in performance and stitch accuracy.

I love and use this program to death.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 2:48 AM

Answers

• Mark has confirmed that the issue is fixed in the test version that Matt and I provided him.

The fix for this issue will be available when we release the next version of ICE -- we're not sure yet when that will be.

Eric Stollnitz, Interactive Visual Media Group, Microsoft Research
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:08 PM

All replies

• This sounds like the same issue that another user recently reported. The fix unfortunately requires an update to ICE.  If you want, send us an email at hdview@microsoft.com and we could provide you a test version to make sure that we've fixed the issue. 

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 4:28 AM
  • Mark has confirmed that the issue is fixed in the test version that Matt and I provided him.

The fix for this issue will be available when we release the next version of ICE -- we're not sure yet when that will be.

Friday, August 19, 2011 6:08 PM
  •  Tried to set up a few images yesterday, all JPEG high quality, ICE 64 bit latest version, and once loaded into the grid preview, I saw this:

I have seen this before, but dismissed it at the time to something weird I must have done. However, it seems to happen every time now. These are quality 12 images out of photoshop, 12 megapixel each. Any ideas what's going on here?

Friday, October 14, 2011 3:37 PM
  • I guess I can wait for the next version. This isn't hugely important.  Can't be much longer before that release, unless you want me to test this.

meanwhile, why does it take 30 seconds in this forum before you can type into the reply box? I am on 2008 server 64 with 8 cores IE9 and it's just sitting there forever without an insertion point or even a message telling me to wait. Then eventually you can type.

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for being patient.  I've added this problem to the list of known issues.  If I recall correctly, thumbnails only get corrupted in ICE when the original images have certain aspect ratios.  You may be able to work around the problem by rotating the images 90 degrees or by cropping them a bit before using ICE.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 11:53 PM