one care firewall RRS feed

• Question

•  

firewall turned itself off. When you try to turn on get message (firewall settings can't be changed), this caused a red warning which i can't reset. tried wirewall repair tool.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 3:43 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

I am getting the same problem. OneCare starts green, then changes a red soon after logging on. If I try turning firewall on OC locks up, says not responding and Windows Security Centre tells me that there are no firewalls turned on. Eventually OC says the firewall settings cant be changed because the firewall is off, and when I do try change them it says that C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live\WinSSUI.exe doesn't have an association set with it, thenunknown problems are preventing settings from being displayed and to try again later. Have tried repair tool as well, and subscription is far from being over.
    Thursday, January 17, 2008 4:05 AM
  • Since you have both tried the repair tool without success, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:04 PM