VoIP Test worked fine but MOC don`t work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the following configuration. OCS Standard Edition and Mediation Server with Dialogic Diva card. SIPControl 1.6 ist installed, configured and the line test in and out works fine. So the Microsoft VoiP Test works outgoing also fine. But if i try to phone with the communicator nothing happens. Can`t call out or incoming calls come to me. Can you help me?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 2:33 PM

All replies

• Did you configure Routes to your Mediation Server in Global Voice properties?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Yes i tried it with the static routes, but didn`t work. Do you mean with global routes the static routes? So it is not clear for me that the VoIP test works and the communicator not.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:00 PM
  • Right Click the Forest and select Properties -> Voice and go to the Routes TAB

Do you have routes to mediation servers?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:48 AM
  • Yes I have one Route. It is called "Festnetzanruf". The regular expression is "^0(\d*)$"
    The gateway is our mediation server with the add port 5061 (ourserver.net:5061) and telephone usage is default usage and Festnetzanruf.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:54 AM
  • It's kind of strange that you check for numbers that start with a ZERO "0"

because OCS requires the clients to work with E.164 numbers and that allways starts with a +

So I think your Route Information is Incorrect

Try the Enterprise Route Helper from the OCS Resource Kit to find out which numbers are routed correctly to the mediation server!

In my opinion you should change your Regular Expression so that the Regular expression is allways true because you only have one route

Make it "^+\d*$" and test again

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:01 AM
  • So the EnterRoute Helper says : Unable to route. Response code 403 will be returned.

As pattern I`ve now: ^\d{1}(\d{9}\d+)$

I don`t what it could be more.

So I can also send you some screenshots.

Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:49 AM
  • That is what I mean that you don't have a good route

You have to put the plus at the beginning of the expression

I forgot that you have to escape the + => \+

So try this one : ^\+\d*$

I hope you also have a Location profile to Normalize all numbers to the E.164 format?

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:28 PM
  • Ok fine that works. He brings now only the fault: The client side normalization caused a different location profile to be used on the server. The server location profile is: dialstring.

So thats the last problem what is this?
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:27 PM
  • Not sure what you mean but you can only select one default Location Profile to be used on the Clients

If client needs a different Location Profile then you need to configure GPO to acheive this

It is possible that the Location Profile has not sufficient Normalization Rules to support all numbers that clients can dial.

You should have a Location Profile that translates all numbers to a E.164 number (like extensions, local calls, mobile, national and international numbers)

A Location Profile mostly has a name that corresponds to a Dial Plan and or Location Names

"dialstring" is a very strange name for a location profile I think

More info on Location Profiles

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb803607.aspx

And you also should configure Phone Usages and Policies to configure which users can dial to what numbers

As you are now only using a default configuration and this means that everyone has the same permissions

Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:47 PM