Synctoy 2.0 & WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to recall there was a problem with the Synctoy 2 beta and WHS.  I have been using v 1.x to sync my music and photos from desktops to WHS shares.  I now see that Synctoy ver. 2.0 has been released.  Is it now safe to use it with WHS or should I stick with 1.x? 

Thanks,

Walter

Saturday, August 23, 2008 5:59 PM

Answers

• Walter,

This problem was related to the corruption bug in WHS. This bug was fixed in the recent Power Pack, which should now be installed on your server. If you have it installed, there is no reason not to use the latest SyncToy. There have been no reports of any problems.

To confirm you have the latest PP installed, open you Console, on any Client, then in the Settings page, (top RH side), go to Resources. This should show versions 6.0.1800.0 if you have it installed.

Colin

Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:11 PM

All replies

• Walter,

This problem was related to the corruption bug in WHS. This bug was fixed in the recent Power Pack, which should now be installed on your server. If you have it installed, there is no reason not to use the latest SyncToy. There have been no reports of any problems.

To confirm you have the latest PP installed, open you Console, on any Client, then in the Settings page, (top RH side), go to Resources. This should show versions 6.0.1800.0 if you have it installed.

Colin

Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:11 PM
  • If you're referring to the data corruption issue, this has been solved by the recently released Powerpack 1. You can get this by running Windows Update on your server. If you have automatic updates enabled you should have it by now. Please go to the WHS console, Settings menu, Resources and check Version info. If this is 6.0.1800.0 for all componnents listed you have Powerpack 1 installed

Saturday, August 23, 2008 6:16 PM