Odd Caller ID bug on TanJay RRS feed

• Question

• When using the TanJay you can utilized dial by name. Our Naming structure has people that have 2-4 character initials. If I input a phone number too slowly and it searchs the dial by name and matches it to people, then finish dialing the number. Once I disconnect the call, one of the name from the dial by name appears in as the number I just disconnected from. The name is completely random but it seems to pick the same names every time. Our extensions are 32XX. 32 matches DX. So in this case I dial 3268 and when I hang up it shows up as DC. Once this happens it seems to get cached on the phone because then that name appears after you disconnect from any call reguardless of number. Until you perform the same dial by name follow by called a four digit extension. Then it may or may not changed this also seems to be random.

This appears to be a bug where OCS is trying to map a name from AD to a number and when it fails it reverts back to the last name it pulled from AD. Any way to fix this? or is it a bug that needs to be reported?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 12:23 PM

All replies

• Anyone know where to report bugs to Microsoft?

Monday, June 30, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Have you tried to disable automatic dialing in the Enterprise Voice Route Helper from the resource kit

Open up your normalization rules and select no Quick Dial

Wait for 15 minutes, sign back into the tanjay to reload the rules

If this works for you then you might need to change your normalization rules to avoid the dialing behavior

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:20 AM
  •  

Actually all the dialing rules have automatic dialing disabled. But even with that disabled you can still use dial by name.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2008 11:41 AM
  • Tuesday, July 1, 2008 9:41 PM
  • I have everything programmed exactly like that with quick dialing disabled. I think it has more to do with the Dial by name (2=A,B,C ect. ext.) Since the digits that start the issue match the dial by name digits for the mysterious caller id that shows up after every call.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2008 6:00 AM