Is Microsoft giving any discounts or free Windows for Students? RRS feed

• Question

• I am Sidra Kanwal Mirza from Karachi, Pakistan. I am a girl and I am a Student. I tried to update my Windows but it says that I dont have Validate Key of Windows, yes this is true, I cant buy this key its for 149 US Dollars... in my country you can buy these CD's for only 30 ruppees thats is about 0.50 US cents from anywhere. You know I am Student and I am not earning any money, my Father is a Taxi Driver and I know how he manages to fed us... I had bought second hand computer for 4500 ruppess its about 75 US dollar by collecting my pocket money and money which my relative gave me on different Holy occasions, it take two years to collect this money... anyway I just want to say that I can't buy this key and I want to know is Microsoft giving any discount or free Windows to poor students?

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:06 PM

Answers

• In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, you'll see a button to click on which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.

• Marked as answer by Carl-S Tuesday, October 7, 2008 2:18 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2007 3:46 AM