Web Conferencing how to RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all

I have setup my OCS 2007, IM is working just fine with Communicator and Communicator Web Access. Now I have setup an Edge server and I would like to test the Web Conferencing possibilities, but I don't know what to start with. How do I setup a Web Conference ? Which software do I need ?

Pierrot

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

You need the LiveMeeting 2007 client at a minimum. You must also have installed the WebConferencing Edge service and the A/V Edge service on the Edge server. And you have to have the WebConference service installed and running on the OCS Standard Server (or Enterprise Pool - whichever is your setup).

Install the livemeeting outlook plugin to be able to schedule conferences from your OL calendar.

Here's a good doc for more info:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3539CB05-12FD-425B-9317-CE6AB0A2E3CF&displaylang=en

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 1:12 PM
  • Thank you for this info. Do you know of other clients than Live Meeting, for example Open Source clients ? What about a web-based Live Meeting client, like the Communicator Web Access ? I could not find it.

Regards

Pierrot

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:05 PM
  • Hi Pierrot,

There are no other supported clients for LiveMeeting and I don't think that there is a web-based client for OCS-hosted livemeeting. If you use the LiveMeeting service Hosted by Microsoft (rather than the OCS-bundled LiveMeeting) there is a web-based client. I'm hoping this will be made available to the OCS version.

Regards,

Matt

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 8:39 PM