Can I find out the Product Key (office:mac) anywhere on my computer? RRS feed

• Question

• We have three Macintosh computers with "Office 2004 for mac/standard edition" (for Mac OS X, in a network). One Mac crashed and wie baught a new one. How can I know, which one of the three licences is now free to install it on the new computer?
    Monday, September 1, 2008 6:24 PM

Answers

All replies

•  curlybe,

You will need to look up your EULA on your Microsoft Office 2004 & review your licesning terms. 

The following link may or may not help you. 

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;2490&sid=312

Best wishes,

Rick, MS
    • Marked as answer by RickImAPC Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:24 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:22 PM
  • This answer is not helpful at all.

He has three computers and three licenses of Office.  One computer crashed and is no longer working.  He wants to know how to find the licenses number of the two machines still running and still legally licensed with Office.  That in a nut shell is the question that needs answered.

If you would like to tell him it would violate his ELUA to put it on a fourth computer even though the third one will never run again feel free to add this to the answer but don't tell him to read the ELUA if this is what you are trying to say.

The question still needs answered unfortunately and I am in the same situation except I have one copy of office on one computer and would just like to write down my number incase I ever need it in the future to re-install on the same computer.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 2:50 PM
  • Hello Imnotapeesea,

The Product Keys for OEM licenses for Office are on the Certificate of Authenticity that comes affixed to the CD storage sleeve.

The Product Keys for retail licenses for Office are on a yellow-orange sticker on the clamshell CD case inside the retail packaging.

Do you have an OEM or retail license for your Office?
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:11 PM
  • I have a similar problem, with family pack on 3 computers. One crashed and bought new one but don't know which porduct key is the one I should use on the reinstall. I put in what I thought was the right one but it is evidently the wrong one since I got a message from MSFT saying that the copy was already in use on my son's computer. Don't know where to find the proper Product Key to make it work. When I look on the MSFT support, they don't even have a link when you ask about Product Key!
    Sunday, September 20, 2009 4:10 PM