Filename too long to sync RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the latest version of Live Mesh.

It's giving me an error saying i have 2 files with name too long to sync.  Go to the original computer and remove or rename.

Problem is I no longer have that computer.  

How can I resolve the problem?

Thx

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 8:50 PM

Answers

•  

SteveCl, any computer where the file exists will do. If you no longer have the original computer, you need to remove that computer from your list of devices in your Mesh.

firmank, I'm not sure why you would continue to get the error if you believe that you resolved the issue. If you removed the folders, that were trying to sync, the problem should be gone. I'd remove the entire tree from your Mesh and then add it back again.

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:02 PM

All replies

• I also have this problem, but I remooved the problem folders (in my case they were folders), but I still get the error message.

How do I get rid of this error reporting?

Thx

Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:48 AM
  •  

SteveCl, any computer where the file exists will do. If you no longer have the original computer, you need to remove that computer from your list of devices in your Mesh.

firmank, I'm not sure why you would continue to get the error if you believe that you resolved the issue. If you removed the folders, that were trying to sync, the problem should be gone. I'd remove the entire tree from your Mesh and then add it back again.

Since you are referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you are in the wrong forum. Yes, the naming convention is confusing, though I like that they kept the Mesh name alive for the upgrade to Live Sync (formerly FolderShare).

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:02 PM