X10 Products with WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Have anyone used X10 products on WHS?
    I'm interested in their ActiveHome Pro, and wondering will that fit for WHS?

Thanks,
    P.L
    phongluu
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Just had a search using X10 in the search box above, resulted in quite a number of threads relating to your question. It appears that there is no problem running it, but there are only a limited number of systems that have created an Add-In to make them accesible through the Console.

You could also have a look at the ones listed on thisAdd-Ins page, they may well have what you need.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just had a search using X10 in the search box above, resulted in quite a number of threads relating to your question. It appears that there is no problem running it, but there are only a limited number of systems that have created an Add-In to make them accesible through the Console.

You could also have a look at the ones listed on thisAdd-Ins page, they may well have what you need.

Good luck,

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:28 PM
  • Hmmm. Thanks for quick response.
    I dont know how did I miss that search ;) perhaps, i searched in the wrong forum before.

Thanks,
    P.L

phongluu
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:31 PM
  • I use Homeseer with WHS and it works fine.   If you're looking at X10, i'd recommend taking a look at Z-Wave or Zigbee which are wireless.   I use Zwave and have found it to be way more reliable than X10.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:40 PM
  • Thanks Nasty64.

What software you use with their camera? Can you not using their server but using the WHS to broadcast as with Active Webcam?

Thanks,
    P.L

phongluu
    Saturday, October 25, 2008 8:09 PM