CRM 2011 Rollup Update 11 fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a client using Microsoft Dyanamics CRM 2011. They all have the client for Outlook installed.  For one particular user, Microsoft Update is indicating that Update Rollup 11 is available for install, but during rhe installation it cancels.  I have downloaded the update manually and when I run it, it fails to install indicating that Update Rollup 6 (KB2600640) is not installed or is incompatible with KN2600640.

I looked at the current installed updates and this user's system has Upate Rollup 8 installed, and the requirements for Update Rollup 11 is for Update Rollup 6 or higher be installed, so it should be fine.

Any ideas why Update Rollup 11 does not appear to recognise that a higher Update Rollup i already installed?

Thanks! :-)

Monday, November 26, 2012 6:31 PM

Answers

• What about re-installing UR8 or even applying UR10 first?

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

I tried that bt got the same error.  What ended up working was uninstalling the client then downloading it from the Microsoft site and when it was done, I checked the installed updates; it has both UR6 and UR11.  I have no idea where the client was downloaded from that was already installed (that apparently had UR8 rolled into it

• Marked as answer by SilkBC Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:13 PM
    • Edited by SilkBC Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:13 PM

All replies

Jason Lattimer

Monday, November 26, 2012 7:40 PM

Jason Lattimer

I tried that bt got the same error.  What ended up working was uninstalling the client then downloading it from the Microsoft site and when it was done, I checked the installed updates; it has both UR6 and UR11.  I have no idea where the client was downloaded from that was already installed (that apparently had UR8 rolled into it

• Marked as answer by SilkBC Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:13 PM
    • Edited by SilkBC Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:13 PM