none
Graphs/Charts in reports don't work after converting to UK Money 2005 (2005 UK - QFE2 ) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I wonder if anyone has had this problem? I've been using UK Money 2004 (v12) successfully for many years with Windows 7. I've just gone over to Windows 10 and was pleased to see that this version of Money still worked.

However I want to upgrade to the final UK Money version 2005 UK - QFE2 (v14) (to enable me to use  Gaier MSMoneyQuotes software).

When I convert my old large Money File (45MB) to the new version it freezes in the middle of conversion. Then when I open it up again all is working but all the chart/graph report options are greyed out and old reports won't open as charts/graphs.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by jonhawk Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:03 PM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 1:02 PM

All replies

• Greetings

First thanks for the info re the 'Quotes' software which I shall definitely try. Second, I have happily been using Money 2005 via the QFE jobbie since Microsoft pulled the plug and never noticed anything - until now! Some, but not all, of my reports have 'lost' graphs. So if I try a new report using the templates (e.g. 'Spending by Category') sometimes I get a top left option 'Change View' which includes graphs (which work) and sometimes I don't, depending I guess on the type of report selected.

So play around and maybe you can reconstruct...

Dr AS

Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:12 PM
  • Hi Dr AS

Many thanks for your advice. I checked this and noticed that the top left 'change view' option was also greyed out so not much use!

HOWEVER, I later tried again to convert the 2004 file to 2005 UK - QFE2. The conversion looks to be going well until it gets to the currency input option. I click on the British pound option and click next and the egg-timer just goes round and round. Normally I wait a few minutes and when I try to close it says program is not responding. This time I just left it running, had to go out for a couple of hours and on my return it had all converted well, including the charts. So hopefully got there in the end, maybe more by luck than judgement!

Now I have the 2005 working I am able to use the Gaier Quotes software. This looks very promising and although it doesn't pick up all my stuff there are options to get around this which I've not yet tried (eg importing CSV file from FT.com for quotes that are not on MSM Money). The instructions on the website look pretty comprehensive, so all the best with that.

Jon    

Saturday, April 30, 2016 10:15 AM