How to export/import Categories RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know how to export and then import Categories to different Money files. I am working with MM 2004 for several years and the file is around 30 MB. I want to start over with a new file, but I want to export Categories and import them in a new file. I say in other issue that I could print them, which could be then easy export them to any format, but how I can import those categories again. I have around 200 categories.

Thanks.

Gabriel.

Friday, December 3, 2010 3:51 PM

All replies

• If you export your transactions with QIF and import into the new file, that will get the categories that you used. The categories that you have but have never used may already be in Money to begin with.

So if the category is one that you never used, and it was not originally in Money, how did it get there in the first place? I guess you could have planned a scheme and made all of the resulting category entries in the past. In that case, I guess you could make QIF enteries for every category. Import that file into an account that you make for the purpose. Then delete the account. I would expect the categories to stay. A text editor with macro capabilities would be a way to make such a file if you already have the list of categories that you want in a file.

Friday, December 3, 2010 4:36 PM