Firewall not blocking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

WHS 2011, I use it as a platform to run an email server, the server is working ok.

The problem:-   I have set up a Firewall rule (Blocking) (Incoming) (All Profiles) to Block IP addresses that try and hack me. But the rule does not block the IP addresses I enter into the Rule.

From what I have read, a Blocking Rule should override all other rules except Authenticated Rules, I don't have any Authenticated Rules. There are Rules to allow the email server service to receive incoming connections, but my Blocking Rule should override this shouldn't it.

Can any one through some light my way.

Regards

Allan

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:21 PM

Answers

• As I've already told you, for support with Windows Firewall, you need to ask in the right location; Windows Firewall on Windows Home Server is correctly configured for proper server operation "out of the box", and any alterations are unsupported as far as Windows Home Server is concerned.

See my previous post for pointers to better places to ask your question...

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, June 15, 2012 5:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:41 PM

All replies

• For support with Windows Firewall, you should consult the appropriate forum (probably this one), or Technet, which has quite a bit of documentation on it. There is normally no reason to modify the firewall rules, as it comes correctly configured out of the box for use as Windows Home Server, and anything beyond that is "at your own risk".

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:14 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by oobernoober Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:44 PM
    Friday, June 8, 2012 11:46 PM
  • No takers yet on help me out with this query.

Hey Microsoft, do you not have any technical staff that monitor this forum, I need some help here -- please.

Allan

Allan

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:48 PM
  • As I've already told you, for support with Windows Firewall, you need to ask in the right location; Windows Firewall on Windows Home Server is correctly configured for proper server operation "out of the box", and any alterations are unsupported as far as Windows Home Server is concerned.

See my previous post for pointers to better places to ask your question...

• Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Friday, June 15, 2012 5:08 AM
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:41 PM