CCM 5.0 Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• How to integrates the Call Manager with the Mediation?

Is it like this?

mediation ---- cisco router ------ call manager

What need to be configured on the Call Manager? Do i need to create a sip trunk such as Exchange UM?

Friday, April 20, 2007 6:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• on ccm you have to configure a sip trunk (like MXS UM), and a route pattern for OCS phone extensions.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 9:18 AM
  • ok,

so do i still need the cisco router or the connection is just between the mediation and the ccm?

Friday, April 20, 2007 10:02 AM
  • no, you don't need a router
    Friday, April 20, 2007 10:08 AM
  • How were you able to have CCM 5.0 send a E.164 style Invite for Cisco -> OCS user calls? With "+" not being allowed in Called Party Transformations, I'm at a loss.
    Thanks.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:53 PM
  • I do not sent the whole e.164 number to OCS in the sip invite message, just the directory number assigned to the ocs users. (ex: sip invite from ccm: <ocs-user-dn>@<mediation-server-ip>)

on ccm i just configured a sip trunk and an route pattern for the ocs directory numbers.

why do you want to send the whole e.164 number?
    Monday, April 30, 2007 1:15 PM
  • I have not found a way to have a SIP Invite to Mediation Server get routed to an OCS user without having it arrive in E.164 format, and the OCS User configured with the "Line URI" value of "tel:+1xxxxxxxxxx" to match the incoming Invite. Any other combinations causing Mediation Server to reply with a 404.  Do you have a way of doing Inbound normalization that allows a regular say 4-digit dn in the Invite to be routed to the OCS user? I am using public beta3, but saw the same behavior with beta3.
    Monday, April 30, 2007 9:46 PM
  • for the line uri i configured the directory number of the user (ex: tel:1234)
    for the incoming normalization rule i use:
    phone pattern: ([0-9]+)$
    translation: $1

which does: match all, do nothing
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 8:21 AM
  • Thanks, that does it. Now to overcome the lack of Caller Name CCM <-> OC....
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 10:00 PM
  • lack of caller name?! what do you mean??
    Wednesday, May 2, 2007 9:13 AM
  • With CCM -> OCS calls only the Caller's ext shows up in OC. Looking to 2 possible approaches: 1.) Having CCM insert the Caller Name in the "From:" header, but it's ignored by Mediation Server/OCS, 2.) Relying on the Reverse Lookup theory of AD or Outlook contacts does not seem to happen either.

Going from OC -> CCM, Mediation Server does not insert the OC user's name into the "From:" or "Contact:" headers. I am told there are too many character sets to support so it's not likely to happen.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 12:05 PM
  • Hi Alfred,

I have created the sip trunk and route plan on the CCM but i am still having problem calling from the MOC to the phone.

Do i need to run ocsumutil? And do i need to configure the route in OCS Voice properties? What should i configure on the target regular expression in the Voice Properties?

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 8:07 AM
  • did you read this:

"for the incoming normalization rule i use:
    phone pattern: ([0-9]+)$
    translation: $1

which does: match all, do nothing"

in the mediation server properties you have to configure a pstn next hop gateway..
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 8:16 AM
  • Ya, i have followed the configuration previously.

I managed to get the MOC to call to the Phone now, but the phone ext cant be assigned to any user.

For example, User01 with ext 2001 and User02 with 2002. If calling from user01 MOC to user02 ext, the MOC will ring instead of the phone. But if i call ext 2003 which is not assign to any user in OCS, the phone will ring. And another thing is that when user02 is signout from the MOC, I am not able to call the extension (MOC to Ext 2002). Is it suppose to work this way?

Thursday, May 10, 2007 1:08 AM
  • Am I right, that you want to configure the same extension on moc and on CCM phones?!

Sorry - thats not possible
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 6:44 AM
  • ya, i am configuring the same extension for the moc and phones.

i just remove the ext from the ocs and just publish the phone ext from the moc.

everything seems to be working fine now.

If you can't configure the same extension, how is it possible to call from Phones to MOC?

Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:08 AM
  • what do you mean with "just publish the phone ext from the moc"??
    the users extension is configured in the Communications-Tab of the AD User Options.

Call from IP Phone to MOC?!:
    Enter the MOC Extension on the IP Phone Wink! On Callmanager you have a Route Pattern for the MOC Extensions...
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:20 AM
  • From the MOC Option->Phones Tab, Publish the extension on the work phone.

I thought it suppose to be one user having the same extension on the MOC and Phones.

I will try on the CCM route plan, thanks.
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 7:49 AM
  • Yup the route plan works with different ext. I put in a digit in front of the user ext.

For example, phone ext 4001, moc ext will be 84001. This way i can tell the user the number 8 is needed for routing purpose.

Thanks a lot Alfred.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:27 AM